Friday, March 2, 2007

Romeo and Juliet Likes and Dislikes

  • Elements Sheet- this sheet had helpful definations of the elements. The quizzes were not fun though, they were too freguent.
  • Packet from the Magazine about Shakespeare- interesting but slighty corny. My least favorite article was the one where the writier pretended to have an interview with Shakespeare.
  • Reading sections of the play at home- I liked this assignment. It did not take a lot of time, it was simple and easy.
  • Quizes on reading- most of the time this quizzes were good. If you did not read the night before then they could be very bad, but then that is your own fault.
  • Translations- translating Shakespeare can be a little diffcult. I wasn't to crazy about those assignments.
  • Getting parts from the play and reading as a class- I really did not like doing this. I did not have a part because I do not like reading out loud, but I also find it diffcult to pay attention when others are reading out loud.
  • Giving examples of elements on the yellow pieces of paper- I liked doing this a lot. It was fun and we got to move around. It also helped us learn how to cite information for a play.
  • Watching the movie- watching movies is always good. I liked the classic Romeo and Juliet that we watched. I think we get to watch the modern verison also. I am looking forward to that. Hopefully we can watch West Side Story also.
  • Listening to the CD- I really enjoyed listening to the CD. It helped me understand the what was going on in the story better because I could hear how certain lines were said.

No comments: