Monday, January 15, 2007

The Closet

Journal

11-15-06


“Uh oh”, I thought as I heard laughter coming from outside in the hallway. It was Ridalfo, my ex-boyfriend coming back to his apartment. I had been snooping around his apartment all day. We had broken up about 2 months ago and I had not yet given his key back. Out relationship was just getting serious when he ended things abruptly, so I decided to go snooping around his place before returning the key. Now, as I was getting ready to leave I heard him coming home. I knew right away that it was not just someone walking in the hall when I heard the laugh. Ridalfo had the most recognizable laugh. It was the type where the moment he started, he could have just about the whole room laughing along with him. But anyway, getting back to my story, so I knew that I had to hid and fast too. I was in his little hallway right outside his bedroom, so I jumped into the linen closet. Immediately after jumping into my hideout, he walked through the door. Only he was not by himself, he was some girl. The location of the linen closet made it quite easy for me to creak the door a little and see what was going on. As I looked outside at him and his “friend”, I could tell something was up. The way that they looked into each other’s eyes and laughed, I could tell they were going out. After about an hour of me just hiding out in the closet they started talking about a time 7 months ago when they had first went out. Wait, I thought, 7 months ago Ridalfo and I were still going out. So that means he was cheating on me!! I could not stand it any longer, so I jumped out of the closet and just ran out. As I left the apartment, I screamed, “ I cannot believe you cheated on me. I never talked to him again; to embarrassed by the way I reacted and could not face him. I guess thought that I just went psycho or something because he did not try to call me.

No comments: