Monday, January 15, 2007

Waking Life

12-7-06

The movie Waking Life is very interesting. I am not quite sure how much I learned from it but I do know that it really got me thinking. I found the movie to be confusing but that was part of the why I kept watching it. The main part of the movie that really caught my attention was about being in a dream state. Having this be the dream state is a main part of movie that you thought about may have been the director’s point. I could not get over was the fact that the main character was always in this constant dream state. He would wake up after having what he thought was a dream, only to realize that he was still dreaming. This really confused me. Why was he always dreaming? When would he wake? Was he dead or alive? These questions were running through my head through out the whole movie. The questions never got answered however, because I did not get to finish watching the movie. I think I would have enjoyed the movie better if I had watched the whole thing.
One thing that I truly enjoyed about the movie was watching how the different art changed during the movie. I found it very cool that they filmed the movie first and then went back to make it a cartoon. I also loved watching the different artist change during the movie. I think that the movie had more character than other animated movies because of how it was done.

No comments: